Overview of Article Topics
Balancing Rock at the Valley of Fire
Balancing Rock at the Valley of Fire Overview
Located near the Valley of Fire State Park Visitors Center, you will find another interesting rock formation known as Balancing Rock.
The trail to Balancing Rock at the Valley of Fire is a 0.3 mile out and back with very little elevation gain, about 3′.
The short hike to the Balancing Rock starts with the trail to the left of the Valley of Fire State Park Visitors Center.
Trailhead address: 29450 Valley of Fire Road, Overton, NV 89040
Trailhead coordinates: 36.42987, -114.51446 (36° 25′ 47.53″N 114° 30′ 52.05″W)
Once you get the rock, be sure to walk around the rock to get different views to see how this is truly a “balancing rock.”
Dogs are allowed on the Balancing Rock trail but must be leashed at all times.
Valley of Fire Resources
- Valley of Fire State Park
- Valley of Fire Visitors Center
- Atlatl Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Beehives at the Valley of Fire
- John J. Clark Memorial
- Lone Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Poodle Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Seven Sisters at the Valley of Fire
- The Cabins at the Valley of the Fire
- Atlatl Rock Campground
- Valley of Fire Group Campground