Banana Pudding Cupcakes
Mmm, Banana Pudding Cupcakes.
Two awesome desserts in one!
This easy to make recipe is sure to please.
Use the easy banana pudding recipe we provide or go “gourmet” with Martha Stewart’s recipe for Banana Pudding. Either way, these Banana Pudding Cupcakes will be a hit at any event, after dinner for dessert, or just a sweet treat.
Make it more fun and drop a cookie in the bottom of the cupcake cup liner before you add the cupcake batter.
Like the combination of cupcakes and cookies? Then check out my OREO Cookies and Cream Cupcakes.
Martha Stewart Banana Pudding
Want to try a different banana pudding recipe? Check out these popular references for recipes:
Banana Pudding Cupcake Recipe
Banana Pudding Cupcake Batter
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Banana Pudding Cupcake Topping
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix, prepared with milk according to package directions
- 1 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 18 Nilla Wafers for garnish
Banana Pudding Cupcake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream; mix well.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Prepare 18 muffin tin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- Scoop the batter into each cup, ¾ full.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set the cupcakes aside to cool completely.
Banana Pudding Cupcake Frosting
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Cool Whip with ½ cup of the prepared vanilla pudding.
- Reserve the leftover pudding for filling the cupcakes.
- Refrigerate until it is time to frost the cupcakes.
- Cup a hole in the center of each cupcake about 1-inch in diameter and halfway down into the cupcake.
- Remove the center of the cupcake and reserve.
- Fill each cupcake with a heaping teaspoon of vanilla pudding.
- Cut off and discard the bottom half of the reserved cupcake centers to create a small “cap” to place back on the cupcake to cover the hole in the center hiding the vanilla pudding inside.
- Frost each cupcake with a generous dollop of the Cool Whip and pudding mixture.
- Place one Nilla Wafer cookie on top of each cupcake.
- Refrigerate until serving.