Black Bean Burger Recipe
If you love black bean burgers and looking for something other than the frozen kind, check out this easy black bean burger recipe. My husband (Bob) is a vegetarian and is always looking for a substitute for when we grill burgers when we cook for friends. While some of the frozen vegetarian burgers are okay, he prefers a fresher tasting “burger” and this recipe really hits the spot. (I even eat them!)
In my house, all the ingredients are in our pantry aka stockpile. (Okay, I admit… I had to go buy buns!) See what else we have cooking at our home with our “cleaning out the pantry” which I will be sharing with you in our “Pantry Cooking Challenge.”
We have a lot of canned beans, corn, salsa and breadcrumbs. Seeing that we have an abundance of these items my immediate thought was to cook some black bean burgers to get rid of a few cans if clutter.
Bob served with roasted new potatoes (which we bought at Gilcrease Orchards local to Las Vegas) and corn on the cob. Also, he served one of his world famous homemade pickles on the side too.
Here is how I saved on the items I used and how I built my pantry stockpile:
- Bush black beans were on sale and I price matched at Walmart (pretty sure I had some coupons too but can’t remember)
- Libby’s corn had a $1/4 and I hit a sweet sale that I price matched at Walmart
- Used $2/1 Kikkoman coupon to buy my breadcrumbs, which was a money maker at Walmart
- Pace salsa was on sale and I used a coupon
- We grow my own parsley
- Price matched the onions at Walmart
- I try to buy eggs at Walgreen’s when they are on sale and I use a register reward to get them for free
- The veggies used to top the burger was price matched at Walmart (red onion, tomatoes, lettuce and avocado)
Now… are you ready for the black bean burger recipe? This is a variation one of my favorite recipes from the Pampered Chef It’s Good for You cookbook. (Of course Bob had to add his own spin to it!)
Click here to view my other vegetarian recipes.