Keeping your cleaning supplies organized can make a big difference in how effectively and efficiently you can clean your home.
When you have a designated place for each cleaning product, you can easily find what you need and keep your cleaning routine streamlined.
By following the tips below, you can create a system that works for your household and helps you stay on top of your cleaning tasks.
Whether you’re short on storage space or looking to streamline your cleaning routine, taking the time to organize your cleaning supplies can help you keep your home clean and tidy.
- Sort your cleaning supplies: Start by gathering all your cleaning supplies and sorting them into categories. For example, group all your bathroom cleaners together, all your kitchen cleaners together, and all your dusting supplies together.
- Determine what you use most often: Take a look at each category and identify the items that you use most often. These should be easily accessible and visible.
- Choose storage containers: Once you know what you have and what you use most often, choose storage containers that will help you keep everything organized. You can use plastic bins, baskets, caddies, or shelves, depending on the size of your cleaning supplies and the space you have available.
- Label everything: Label each container with the category of cleaning supplies it contains. This will help you quickly find what you need and keep everything organized.
- Store cleaning supplies in the right place: Store cleaning supplies in the room where you will use them. For example, keep bathroom cleaners in the bathroom and kitchen cleaners in the kitchen.
- Keep hazardous cleaning products out of reach: If you have children or pets, keep hazardous cleaning products out of reach. Store them in a high cabinet or locked storage area.
- Keep a cleaning schedule: Once you have organized your cleaning supplies, create a cleaning schedule to keep your home clean and tidy. Determine which tasks you will do daily, weekly, and monthly, and schedule them on a calendar or in a planner.
- Store like items together: When organizing your cleaning supplies, store like items together. For example, store all your glass cleaning supplies together, all your dusting supplies together, and all your mopping supplies together. This will make it easier to find what you need and keep your cleaning routine streamlined.
- Use a cleaning caddy: If you have multiple levels in your home, consider using a cleaning caddy to keep your supplies organized and easy to transport. A caddy can hold all your cleaning supplies and allow you to move from room to room without having to make multiple trips.
- Use clear containers: Clear containers can be helpful when organizing your cleaning supplies because they allow you to see what’s inside without having to open each container. This can save you time and make it easier to find what you need.
- Keep a running inventory: To ensure you never run out of cleaning supplies, keep a running inventory of what you have on hand. This will allow you to purchase replacements before you run out and prevent you from having to make a last-minute trip to the store.
- Use vertical space: If you’re short on storage space, consider using vertical space to store your cleaning supplies. You can install shelves, hang organizers on the back of doors, or use a hanging shoe organizer to store supplies.
- Dispose of expired or unused products: Over time, cleaning supplies can expire or become unusable. Be sure to dispose of these products properly to free up space in your storage area and ensure that you’re using effective products.
- Use color coding: If you have multiple people in your household who share cleaning responsibilities, consider using a color-coding system to keep everyone organized. For example, assign a color to each person and use colored bins or labels to indicate which supplies belong to each person.
- Keep frequently used items within easy reach: To save time and make cleaning more efficient, keep frequently used cleaning supplies within easy reach. For example, keep a spray bottle of all-purpose cleaner and a microfiber cloth under the sink in your kitchen and bathroom for quick touch-ups.
- Use drawer dividers: If you store your cleaning supplies in a drawer, use drawer dividers to keep everything organized. You can use dividers to separate different types of cleaners or to keep small items like sponges and brushes in place.
- Keep a list of cleaning tasks: To stay on top of your cleaning routine, keep a list of cleaning tasks that need to be done daily, weekly, monthly, or seasonally. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you don’t forget any important tasks.
- Use a cleaning apron: If you don’t have a lot of storage space for cleaning supplies, consider using a cleaning apron to keep your supplies within easy reach. A cleaning apron can hold spray bottles, microfiber cloths, and other cleaning tools, and allows you to move from room to room without having to carry a bucket or caddy.
- Store supplies based on the frequency of use: When organizing your cleaning supplies, store them based on how frequently you use them. For example, keep your daily use items within easy reach and store less frequently used items in a less accessible location.
Remember, organizing your cleaning supplies will take some time and effort, but it will make your cleaning routine more efficient and enjoyable.
Leave a Reply