Golden Nugget Shark Tank
I would love to swim with sharks, but only if I’m 100% safe.
Is that possible?
In Las Vegas it is!
The Golden Nugget Las Vegas Shark Aquarium with a water slide allows you to swim with 5 different species of shark house in their 200,000 aquarium.
This is a 3 story pool, seriously!
It’s full of exotic saltwater fish (300 is the last count) and sharks. The pool we swim in is a heated pool, making it a year-round attraction. This makes the “Shark Chute” aka the water slide, that goes through the 3 story shark tank crazy fun and comfortable!
Can’t get enough of the sharks? The Golden Nugget Las Vegas has a Shark Tank Tour just for you!
The Golden Nugget knows how we love Sharks so they offer a Shark Tank Tour for those super curious visitors.
The resident Marine Biologist will be walking you through the inner workings of their 200,00 gallon Shark Tank. This is a great educational tour. Your guide will not only go over the complexity of how the tanks are taken care of at The Golden Nugget Aquarium, but enough info on sharks to make Shark Week look boring. At the end of your tour, you get to take a souvenir shark tooth!
There are 2 pools at the Golden Nugget, The Tank, and The Hideout. The Hideout is for 21+ hotel guests only. The Tank is the 3 story pool with the Shark Chute (am I the only giggling at that?).
Tickets are $30 per person and the tour begins at 1:30 pm on Wednesdays only. You can order tickets online or at the hotel desk.
Golden Nugget Shark Tank Hours
- Swimming: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Pool Viewing: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Shark Chute: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Hot Tub: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Bar Service: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Cabana and Daybed Services: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Our favorite way to watch the sharks is while eating! Las Vegas if full of amazing places to eat, not to mention unique. The Golden Nugget is no different! You can view the Golden Nugget Shark Aquarium from their restaurants:
- The Grotto Italian Restaurant – Offering a view of the Shark Aquarium pool.
- The Chart House – This underwater view of the Shark Aquarium lines the bar wall, which is easily seen in the restaurant as well.
Golden Nugget Shark Tank Tips and Tricks
- If your visiting during the busy season, consider renting a lounge chair.
- Keep your valuables in your room, in the safe.
- Use as many towels as you need, as you want, or desire… It’s FREE! Even better then that, they launder them!
- There is no sand at this pool, but I like the kids to wear water shoes to keep from slipping.
- Make sure to let the sunscreen soak into the skin before the bodies hit the water. The slide will get super slippery as the day progresses for this exact reason.
- The hottest time of day in Las Vegas is from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Servers will come to you with a menu of food and drinks available, please don’t forget to tip them.
- Kids are not allowed at the poolside gambling tables.
Golden Nugget Shark Tank