Greek Salad Recipe
If you are looking for a cheap and healthy starter dish this Greek salad recipe might be what you are looking for!
This healthy recipe is tasty and I will show you how to make it cheap! Almost all the vegetables were price matched at a huge discount.
- Romaine lettuce was $.50 a head (reg $1.86)
- Tomatoes were $.33 per pound (reg $1.38)
- Red onions were $.25 per pound (reg $.86)
- Cucumber was $.17 each (reg $.68)
- Red pepper was $.88 (reg $1.48)
- Green pepper was $.50 (forgot to look at the price)
The cheapest way to buy feta cheese is in a block rather than crumbled as it’s almost 1/2 the price! We buy ours bulk at Costco or Sam’s Club when I can’t find a good deal on it. My red vinegar was uber cheap when I bought it and have a nice little stockpile of it since we use a lot of it. The most expensive ingredient was the Kalamata olives but you don’t need too many for the salad, just enough to suit your taste.
What are some of your favorite salads to eat that are healthy (and cheap)?