Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
This low carb Chicken Parmesan recipe was a hit with my family as my daughter jumped on the Keto train with me and the only meat she will eat is chicken.
The key to keeping this as low carb as possible is to find a premade marinara sauce that is lower in carbs, which can my hard at certain stores. If you are not into making your own marinara sauce for your chicken parmesan, you will find a few sugar free marinara sauce options on Amazon.
Cooks note: If your skillet is not oven proof, use a cookie sheet to broil the Chicken Parmesan to make the cheese bubbly.
You can make this recipe low carb friendly by using the pork rind combo instead of panko breadcrumbs to make baked chicken tenders.
[irp posts=”47155″ name=”Panko Breaded Baked Chicken”]
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly cut
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pork rind, crushed into crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cup low carb marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Coat both sides of the thin cut chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 beaten egg in a shallow bowl and whisk in ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Put 1 cup of crushed pork rind crumbs on a plate.
- Mix ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder into the crushed pork rinds on the plate.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and then roll the chicken breast in the crushed pork rind mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the coated chicken breasts into the heated oil in the skillet.
- Cook evenly on both sides until the internal temperature has reached at least 165 degrees.
- Turn the heat off to the burner and turn on the oven broiler .
- Pour 1 ½ cups of low carb marinara sauce over top of the cooked chicken in the skillet.
- Top each piece of chicken with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the skillet into the oven under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese on top of the chicken, and serve hot.