Overview of Article Topics
Nevada State Railroad Museum
Nevada State Railroad Museum Overview
If your family is looking for a little adventure, consider driving on over to Boulder City on a Saturday or Sunday, and visit the Nevada State Railroad Museum.
The family can take a tour of the outdoor train museum display and even enter some of the cars for an inside view. Be sure and pick up your tickets for an actual 45-minute round-trip train ride. During the train ride, your family can relax in the air-conditioned, enclosed cars or venture out into the open cars. Either way, you can enjoy the old-time environment and the conductors walking around telling their stories and history of the trains. The outdoor cars are a great way to enjoy the desert scenery and listen to the sounds of the train going down the railroad tracks. After arriving back at the station, be sure and check out the gift shop to pick up a little train souvenir, too. The selection includes a wooden train whistle, pens with decorative trains on the end and real toy trains, of course. Be sure and check out the Nevada State Railroad Museum website to know train departure times.
Boulder City Resources
- Click here to view discounts in Boulder City on Groupon to save money for lunch or other activities.
- Click here to view Things to do in Zip Code 89005
Plus print off the coupon for your family’s train-ride adventure! Get the family ready by doing the following:
- Watch free movies about trains before you head out
- Buy the kids train engineer hats (or for your man too!)
- If you have little ones, grab some Thomas the Train straws for their water bottles
Nevada State Railroad Museum Location
The Nevada State Railroad Museum is located at 601 Yucca Street, Boulder City, NV 89005.
Directions to the Nevada State Railroad Museum: Take the I-515/US-95/US-93 South towards Boulder City. Take a left onto Yucca Street, which is right after the Taco Bell on the left-hand side. The display pavilion will be on the right-hand side.
Nevada State Railroad Museum Information
Museum Hours at 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM 7 days a week. They are closed some State Holidays, subject to staff availability.
The train rides are Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM.
Admission to the Nevada State Railroad Museum
- Free for museum members
- $10 Adults (Ages 12 & Above)
- $5 Children (Ages 4 – 11)
- Free for Children Ages 3 and Under
- $7 rate for Adults in a Group of 12 or More
Nevada State Railroad Museum Membership
Memberships last for one year, ending at the end of the month of purchase (for example, a membership bought on the 2nd of August will last until the 30th of August of the following year).
- FAMILY MEMBERSHIP: $60.00 – Covers for 2 adults (ages 12 years & older) and up to 5 children (under 12 years old).
- SENIOR FAMILY MEMBERSHIP: $45.00 – Requires only one adult be a senior (62 years or older). Covers for 2 seniors/adults and up to 5 children (under 12 years old).
- INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP: $45.00 – Covers for 1 adult age 12 years or older.
- SENIOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP: $30.00 – Covers for 1 seniors age 62 years or older.
- UNLIMITED TRAIN RIDES FOR A YEAR (Excludes certain special trains and the Santa Train)
- 15% DISCOUNT ON PURCHASES IN OUR GIFT SHOP.
- FREE ENTRY TO ALL OTHER NEVADA STATE MUSEUMS.
- East Ely Railroad Depot Museum, Ely
- Lost City Museum, Overton
- Nevada Historical Society, Reno
- Nevada State Museum, Carson City
- Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas
- Nevada State Railroad Museum, Carson City
Nevada State Railroad Museum