Overview of Article Topics
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
The recipe box from Ohio dates from the early 1900s and who knows how old the recipe is!
I modified it a bit from the original as I felt the first batch was a bit flat and added salt.
This recipe calls for either raisins or nut meats and maybe one day I will make it with pecans or walnuts.
Would you use raisins AND walnuts?
I renamed the recipe from Oatmeal Cookies to Oatmeal Raisin Cookies since I added the raisins and not “nut meats.”
I love pecans so my next batch may be Oatmeal Pecan Cookies.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
There is a notation in the upper right-hand corner that the card is from Minnie Snyder.
It looks like this recipe was used in the kitchen a bit due to the aging and the splatter marks.
If you would like to read the history of the vintage recipe box this recipe was included with, click here to view the history of Vintage Recipe Box 1.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
If you make this Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, scalded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins or nuts
- Cream sugar and shortening
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla
- Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture
- Fold in oatmeal and raisins
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cookie Scoop, 3 Pack
- Nordicware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Ultra Cuisine 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking fits Half Sheet Pan – Cool Cookies, Cakes, Breads - Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
- Bosch MUM6N10UC Universal Plus Stand Mixer, 800 watt, 6.5-Quarts
- Wilton The Mega Spatula, Grey
- Silicone Baking Mats Set of 3 - Non Stick Silicone Baking Mats Quarter Sheet & Half Sheets Liner Set - Reusable, Non-Toxic, BPA Free Rolling Pan and Cookie Sheet Liners, Small and Large